Tuesday, August 12, 2008

About time

Welcome to Blog Waukesha!

I've lived in Waukesha nearly my whole life.

Watched Priedeman estates develop from the farm which paved our pathway from Banting and Horning towards the grocery and pharmacy, now Westbrook, into a subdivision.

Remember when Frame Park was known as the Rocket-ship slide park (according to us kids) and only offered a peaceful nature walk, not colorful equipment, cushioned safety flooring, nor the path to the OTHER SIDE! (who knew?)

We had twinkle top cones at Boy Blue, rode our bikes to Minooca, got a $0.15 candy bar at the Stop-n-go, and belonged to the kids club at Lumz... used to be right next to Sambows... Remember that???

Waukesha is and has been my home. I was raised here and I am raising my children here. As much as I have seen residential and commercial Waukesha grow and develop, I have seen the integrity of my community also grow and develop.

So Waukesha, let's talk about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, the Rocket ship park ROCKED!!!

Blog Host said...

That was the coolest slide in the world!
There always seemed to be some couple 'making out' or 'claiming territory' on the second level.

I never did win that one, but dang... I sure tried!