Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gotta love nature

So I'm in this season of reading.

I love relaxing on the deck with a good book. Maybe it's due to the fabulous summer weather. Especially when the ideal day, without the horrid humidity (which seems to worsen every year of my life) or the typical Wisconsin blizzard (which we are currently out of season for) presents itself.

It never seems to fail, however, that relaxing is a non-entity in our home. I'm easily distracted with kids, animals, the media, phone, etc... and nature?

Yep nature. No, I'm not usually squeamish with insects. (Just 2 weeks ago I mustered up the herculean strength it took to pull out the deer tick, of which was imbedded into my hip with NO permission what so ever! (the nerve))

But as I was finishing up my latest read: The Girl with No Shadow, by JoAnne Harris, I felt as though I was being watched. Not normally paranoid, I decided to ignore the obvious company.
Soon, however, I found the occupant. He was large and very animated. A new neighbor who had decided to perch him/herself onto my shoulder. Needless to say my book needed to wait so I could take the shot of his/her new home.

Needless to say,
I did a little housekeeping before I continued.

No comments: