Monday, September 22, 2008

it can't be long now

As much as the downtowners have been buzzing with conversation about the new The Clarke Hotel I am always surprised when I find a Waukesha resident who responds blankly...
'the what?', 'a new hotel?', 'Where?'

So now that the hotel's website has been up, I am more than thrilled to forward the information on: www.theclarkehotelwi.com I did a check on my links, to the right of the blog, but for whatever reason the link didn't work... my lack of computer skills I'm sure, but the site itself is functioning well.

With all of our household excitement I hadn't had a chance to get downtown and snap the photos I wanted to include, but the week prior it was really fun to note all the progress.

On the five points (basically the corner of Broadway and Main) will house the floating bar. The tables will be situated to maximize the best views. The restaurant will be on the first floor.

The lower level will host the conference rooms, holding up to 150 people.

The second and third floors will be the actual hotel front desk as well as the the rooms. Each room uniquely designed with upscale linens and amenities. There is also a fabulous suit with a library, two bedrooms and two full baths. (seriously, I could live there comfortably)

I believe that this hotel could really help put our city on the map. We already have some wonderful businesses established down their. I love supporting our small businesses!!! Rumor is... there are quite a few new ones in the works. And who doesn't love the riverwalk?

Nobody really knows the impact this will make, but with the addition of the hotel, less vacancy signs in the windows and the sheer size of the new stadium coming into Frame Park, I certainly hope I don't hear 'the what?' comments anymore.

No comments: