Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Scarecrows

The Scarecrow worked. Well sort of. The truth is it scared the ba gee bees out of me this morning. I thought this would entertain you.

I woke up at 5:30 to get breakfast made and lunches ready for all...not to mention getting the java going. Still dark outside and me being half awake I thought I saw something outside when I walked past the window. Just my imagination... too dark to see anything.

Considering the day ahead, a doctor apt. that needs to be made, appointments that need to be kept, bills to be paid... yaada, yaada, yaada phone calls, letters, e-mails... I'm in my own little world putting mayo on the turkey sandwiches and carefully splitting apart the 'fork split' english muffins for the egg sandwiches my oldest would certainly want for breakfast. (what does 'fork split mean anyway??? I ALWAYS need to cut the thing open)

Then I saw it again. Something.

I need to let the dogs out. We don't want a mess on the floor. I send them out the other door. Not the one that might be by something. I don't think I want to know.

Back to my morning coffee pot and deli meat... the 'something' outside was forgotten about. Children are up now, I hear them. Radios on, shower's going, toilets flushing. I hear the dogs bark. Great. Let's wake up the neighbors too.

I rush to THAT door, forgetting that something is out there. AND EEEKKKSSS!!!! It's still there, but now it's light enough to see the shadows of movement. EEEKKKSSS again!!!! The dogs are barking at it too. It IS something. I flip on the light. Its the stinkn' scarecrow that I got at Retzners two weekends ago by some mom & pop crafter. (I don't usually get into crafts but this guy was cute in the full sun on the Sat. afternoon I bought him)

Big breath. I walk outside, pick him up, and move him away from the window. I changed his shirt to a green packer sweatshirt that has become too beat up. Certainly the green will be a bit less shocking for the next victim.

We don't have a crow problem anyway. That thing is a Scarepeople, not a Scarecrow.

No comments: