Thursday, October 2, 2008

V.P. Debate

Today I have spent my morning working and peeking through the news from the waiting room at the hospital... again. This time it's not a motorcycle accident but one of the surgeries, which needed to follow-up from the accident two weeks ago. The good news, it's only a day surgery and I will be home with my recovering spouse this evening. Just in time for the V.P. Debate.

I hope you are planning on watching. What to expect? Well, Gwen Ifill will be the moderator for the debate. Gwen is a strong advocate for the Obama camp. An author of her new book, to be released in January called "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama". The book itself has not been released for view but according to its publisher Doubleday:
"Gwen Ifill surveys the American political landscape, shedding new light on the
impact of Barack Obama’s stunning presidential campaign..."
http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780385525015

She is at liberty to ask questions on any topic. No doubt she is, by far the most qualified and unbiased person to moderate this debate... after all, she is a woman? Right?? GIVE ME A BREAK! Certainly there is a more qualified, less biased person for this job.

Ifill has been accused of media bias in the past. Most recently after Sarah Palin's speech to the GOP.
This is why I get so sick of politics... it's a love/hate relationship really. I am all in favor of a good honest political debate. But I know that is, without doubt, an oxymoron.

No comments: