Monday, November 3, 2008

my morning latte'

What a gorgeous November morning. I can hardly believe we have temps. in the 70's on 11/03 in Waukesha County. I've been having 'turtle' response Internet time, which in turn has delayed my posting.

JSOnline
  • I know this sounds 'anti-community' but I don't believe more money is the answer to solve the problems that are addressed by our Waukesha social service agencies. Yes we need a strong financial base to help these agencies succeed. The real problems tend to stem from poor 'corporate' organization. One of our major social agencies located here in Waukesha is inviting Milwaukee's problems into our small downtown Waukesha... and asking us to give more money to fund it. No more! I'm tiered of big city gangs, drugs, prostitution and lack of accountability in our community. I'm more than willing to support, both financially and otherwise, programs that are addressed to Waukesha. Stop asking for my finances and glorifying verbiage to manipulate your programming towards Milwaukee servicing and telling me it is for Waukesha. In the mean time Waukesha is suffering and people needing those services here are going without.

  • Bandannas are out of the schools. Local schools are 'tightening-up' their dress code policies.
    "...What's not fine are the pops of cleavage occasionally displayed up top..."
    I want to know why a 16 year old girl needs a push-up bra to begin with? Just asking....

  • 11th hour moves to be made. Hey, it's not over til it's over.

Waukesha Freeman

Drudge



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a couple of questions for you.
Do you think that the Women's Center was over-built?

Do you think that they have to import Milwaukee County residents to keep it full and keep up their funding?

Are the women coming in actually from abusive relationships or are they trying to "dry out"?

A