Monday, November 10, 2008

my morning latte'

Good Morning and happy Monday! I hope your weekend was fabulous.

This morning I woke up to the thermostat kicking in and the comforting sounds of warm air blowing throughout my home. Although it was too early to see the sun, I know it would have filled the room because all of the leaves on the Maple trees out back have found the compost pile. It's the one consoling thought during the cold winter months regarding the dead looking trees surrounding our home... that now we can see the sunshine through the windows.

Breakfasts, sack lunches, showers and a pot of coffee. Kisses good morning, kisses goodbye. Have a great day. Whew. It's November again. We are already thinking of roasted turkey and pumpkin pie. (at least we are at our house)

My hands have all the tell tale sign of colder weather. I'm slathering on more lotions and cuticle creams. I've used up the rest of my Good Scents 4 Her patchouli/rose lotion and need to get more. I've had to switch to my fall/winter face care system and after examining my fall and winter wardrobe over the weekend found that I desperately needed to go some shopping to update my closet. (eeks!) I even needed to update my shampoos, finding something more moisturizing. This dry, blowing air is reeking havoc. LOL!!!

Given the concerns us Wisconsinites lived through last year. Meaning SNOW and lots of it, I was relieved to see this headline: Winter likely to be more mild than last year's. This year we are going to be more prepared. I've already been shopping for shovels, salt, scrapers and am filling my trunk with my emergency kit. (this is a first for me)
Boomertown has left thousands in the bust. Baby boomers all over have been counting on Boomertown to help out financially. When I checked out their site it looked as though they were just re-doing their site. "An all-new boomertown.com is coming soon... In the last 8 years Internet technology and web communication have changed greatly. We see these changes as an opportunity to take our original format and re-shape a whole new site. Something even more dynamic. One which better embraces the concept of a boomertown!" But according to the article posted on JSOnline, the Better Business Bureau has received over 100 complaints regarding Boomertown.


To find the following along with other headlines check out The Waukesha Freeman:
  • Sheboygan resident 9 million dollars richer today.
  • 24 year old man gets himself shot and killed in Mequon
  • Pike Lake hero's

Have a Fabulous Day!

1 comment:

WomanHonorThyself said...

.Happy Vets DAY!..Remember all who have served and are still serving.