Friday, November 14, 2008

my morning latte'

Yesterday I was talking to a Waukesha resident who works with copy machines. He had been in the industry for over 20 years visiting many locations all over the city. He told me that he and his wife were really excited to see all the attention downtown Waukesha has been getting lately.

"I love coming down here for the Friday Night Live events. Now we are
looking forward to all the new business that's making its way here."
Who knew? Well, we did. Waukesha has a charming, fun downtown with something for everyone. I found out that Katydids is now open for business although I believe she has a grand re-opening scheduled. Sakura Japanese Cuisine is also open and every time I go by they are filled. The Clinton Street Gallery is open (although I haven't stopped by yet, it is on my list)
  • Katydids: 401 W. Main Street
  • Sakura Japanese Cuisine: 332 W. Broadway Ave.
  • Clinton Street Gallery: 801 Clinton Street.

There are many new comers on the list for 'opening soon.' Among them are:

  • Taylor's Peoples park restaurant & pub
  • Generations at Five Points restaurant
  • Three Sisters Spirit
  • Bling-n-Things
  • Poppin on Broadway
  • Bodway's Live Music Studios and Grill
  • Springs Artisan Village
  • Reeves Home Improvement

and the ever expanding: Waukesha Antique Mall

Apart from The Clarke Hotel, there is a lot of new construction in the works as well. These projects will soon be showing their faces.

picture from Biztimes.com

No comments: