Friday, October 17, 2008

An afternoon cup of tea

I spent an exciting afternoon yesterday downtown Waukesha. One of my stops was touring The Clarke Hotel and The Black Trumpet restaurant... and I have to say, wow!
We have all been anticipating what it will be. Will it work, won't it? How will it help business? Who is going to stay there? Why Waukesha? Again I say, wow.
Let me begin with the kind of thing most gals notice right away, the color scheme, the decor, the atmosphere. It was comfortably modern. Inviting and warm colors. State of the art appliances and fixtures. Gorgeous. The problem... now I really want to redue my obviously out of date and under decorated home. Dang it!

Also around the city yesterday was a notice that Katydids is soon to be ready at its new location at 401 W. Main Street. (across from Ottos) Check out her link at: http://www.katydidshomedecor.com/ for updated photos and fall shopping. Right away the high celiengs, arched entry, and added kitchen space captures attention. I am looking forward to the opening.

Only 2 weekends left for the Waukesha Farmer's Market. I'm not sure what the weather is suppose to be like this weekend, but with only a few weeks before trick-or-treat, it's a good time to stop by and look for pumpkins and fall decorations.

I heard that our sushi bar will be most likely be open next week or the week after. I need to add that I'm not a huge fan of raw fish, but willing to try it out anyway. Lot's of good reviews so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

The mystery has been solved. The three sisters moving in at the 5 points, or is it 4 sisters?? heck I also heard there were 5 of them, anyway, the sisters moving in the 2 vacant spots by Dave's restaurant are not REALLY sisters. Like... omg, there was no resemblance anyway! They are proclaimed 'spiritual sisters' and will be doing rake, yoga, massages, etc... It looks as though they are building a studio in the larger space and going to be selling retail products in the smaller one. They will try to open in December (i think).

No comments: