Saturday, October 25, 2008

Could it be??

Yesterday we played a little afternoon hooky. We wanted to visit the Milwaukee Public Museum and experience the Titanic Exhibit. I was really interested in the artifacts that were recovered. It was fascinating to not only see the artifacts themselves but also the footage and photos of how it was recovered. I tend to get involved with individual stories of the passengers, which made the experience a little emotional for me. I would recommend this trip but plan to spend some time there and bring your reading glasses.

We also stopped by Carrabba's Italian Grill. It's the second time we ate there. It was FABULOUS! Loved the food. Although our waitress wore too much perfume, which in turn made my drink taste like her perfume. By the time my dinner arrived I had forgotten all about it.

After a little carting around of the kids (whom did not join us for our 'hooky afternoon') we did some shopping and came home to watch a movie. I'm not a huge fan of 'scary' movies. Mostly because I can't stand suspense. I am that horrible person that sits in the middle of the theater and talks to the movie. I scream too loudly and grab whomever is closest to protect me from the crazy demon on screen. Since I am running out of victims to join me, I just don't go much anymore. But I remember, a million years ago, when the Jason and Freddie movies first came out. I remember, as a teenager, watching the terrifying scenes of hopeless murder and almost escapes. They freaked me out!

Last night Halloween was on t.v. We watched with our kids and to my surprise, it was stupid! Not only was it stupid but it wasn't even scary. My question then raises. Was it not scary to us, to me because we have been so desensitized by all the violence surrounding us? I mean I remember being freaked out just by the music. Geez! I didn't even need a cartoon to help me sleep. (tee hee hee)

No comments: